Tourism industry support
We are listening and understand that the COVID-19 crisis is impacting our tourism industry.
The Queensland Government has announced the second stage of the state’s economic reset, The Queensland Economic Recovery Strategy: Unite and Recover for Queensland Jobs to help the State recover from COVID-19 with a focus on backing Queensland jobs.
We’re supporting Queensland’s tourism industry to recover from the economic impacts of the COVID-19 crisis with the Tourism economic recovery package.
COVID Safe plan
Use our COVID safe business guide to understand the requirements and develop documentation for your own site specific COVID Safe plan.
Fees, levies and rent relief
Find relief for Queensland tourism businesses including:
- supporting exhibiting zoos and aquariums with fixed operational costs
- state land rent relief for farmers, businesses, tourism operators, and community and sports clubs
- waiving application fees for some variations to liquor licences
- waiving registration renewal fees for Inbound Tour Operators
- waiving of daily fees for commercial activity agreements and permits
- rebate on Marina Charges and Passenger Levies
- deferral of Tourism Lease Rent Payments.
Queensland Tourism Industry Council
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) is available to support you and they understand what you are going through. QTIC is focusing on cash support, grants, interest-free loans, wage subsidies and local government fee relief.
The QTIC helplines are open and we encourage you to make contact if you need support for:
- general financial advice on email@example.com
- business and personal distress support on 0407 133 690
- general insurance advice on 07 3002 3051
- HR advice on 02 9083 0033.
Public health directions
It is important to know and understand the public health directions and how it affects your tourism business. Tourism Events Queensland offers clarity and guidance including the latest advice for accommodation providers.
If you are providing accommodation or transport for seasonal workers, you are required to have a health management plan in place to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 among guests and the community.
Business support and wellbeing
Queenslanders are uniting in the fight against COVID-19 and we all have a part in keeping our state safe and supporting each other to recovery. Find industry updates, support and mental wellbeing information on our business support page.
Last updated: 18 Jun 2020