We’re here to help you find the support your business needs as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
Subscribe to the Industry Update for the latest support, resources and advice including cashflow, staffing, tax and funding.
- Latest issue: COVID-19 Industry Support Resources update (3 July 2020)
- Special edition: COVID Safe for tourism businesses and industry (31 May 2020)
- COVID-19 government recovery packages information that may help you and your business.
Employment and payroll support
- Supporting small business to retain apprentices and trainees with a wage subsidy of 50 per cent of the apprentice’s or trainee’s wage for 9 months from 1 January 2020 to 30 September 2020.
- Hardship payment of $1,500 is available for casual workers and eligible employees with COVID-19.
- JobKeeper Payment for sole traders and other entities if their turnover has reduced due to coronavirus.
- Payroll tax deferment for impacted Queensland businesses until the end of 2020.
- Early access to superannuation in limited circumstances. Individuals financially affected by COVID-19 can access some of their superannuation early.
- Employing workers in agribusiness and commercial fisheries during COVID-19.
- Use our COVID safe businesss guide to understand the requirements and develop documentation for your own site specific COVID Safe plan.
- The Australian Government is establishing an International Freight Assistance Mechanism to back Australia’s agriculture and seafood export sectors.
- Temporary hold on evictions and a mandatory code of conduct for commercial tenancies to support small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) affected by coronavirus.
- Power bill relief for impacted small and medium sized Queensland businesses.
- The Safe Work Australia website has been updated to provide detailed guidance for businesses and workers on how to stay safe from COVID-19.
Health and wellbeing
You can visit the Queensland Health website to find information on how to look after your mental wellbeing in a crisis.
Caring for others
To support seniors who don’t have family, friends or neighbours, register for the Care Army on 1800 173 349.
Last updated: 18 Jun 2020